cldap

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Thu May 11 03:02:33 GMT 2006

Jerry,

I've added a little bit of test code to the LDAP-CLDAP smbtorture test
to look at the handling of generic CLDAP requests. If you run it with
-d3 then it dumps the ldif of the results.

You are right that you can get to the rootDSE using CLDAP, and you can
pull specific attributes. I don't quite understand why the expression
handling isn't what I would expect, but it seems that over normal LDAP
the rootDSE is also a bit special. For example:

  ldbsearch -H ldap://win2003  -s base -b '' '(&(objectclass=*)(highestCommittedUSN=2))'

I expected to return nothing as highestCommittedUSN does not equal 2,
but it does match anyway. Maybe its just that the equality handler
for attributes like highestCommittedUSN isn't what you might expect.

Cheers, Tridge