Samba 3.0.23pre1 problem listing groups with ldapsam backend

John P Janosik jpjanosi at us.ibm.com
Thu May 4 13:27:37 GMT 2006

I've been testing an upgrade of a Samba 3.0.21 Samba DC with the ldapsam
passdb backend to Samba 3.0.23pre1.  The first issue I've had is that
enumerating the groups with "net sam group list" is not returning any
groups.  I see in the debug that the ldapsearch for the groups is returning
with no results.  I double checked that I updated the index entry in
slapd.conf for SambaSID to contain sub and have run slapindex.

I see in passdb/pdb_ldap.c the code setting up the search filter is at line
4305 in ldapsam_search_grouptype.  Shouldn't it be (SambaSID=%s*) instead
of (SambaSID=%s) since the domain sid is passed in and we want to match all
groups that start with that SID?

John Janosik
IBM Information Technology Services Americas
jpjanosi at us.ibm.com