username map and user tokens [was Re: Samba 3.0.23pre1 Available for Download]

Tue May 2 11:01:14 GMT 2006

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 08:11:31AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> ok.  My idea was to try to remove the sids life from the
> server_supplied_info struct and just use the ptok pointer.
> Then simply check the returned username from make_user_info_map()
> to see if it had changed.
>
> if ( user has been mapped)
> 	server->ptok = create_local_token_by_name( username )
> else
> 	server->ptok = create_token_from_info3( info3 )
>
> or something like this.

Looked a bit deeper: !bla=windows\vl is not mapped by
make_user_info_map() but quite a bit later in
make_server_info_info3(). I think this needs a bit further
investigation, we need to clean up the places where
map_username is called. Digging deeper...

Volker