disable smbstatus?

Bob Walters bobwpsx at gmail.com
Tue May 2 07:47:04 GMT 2006

Thanks Volker and Mark, both of your solutions worked, thus far setting just
/var/db/samba to 700 is sufficient, it then also sets most of the
permissions of the tdb files in /var/lock accordingly as 700.

Does it matter in my scenario if regular users can access (as 644)
brlock.tdb, sessionid.tdb, or unexpected.tdb? I'm not certain if that would
give away any valuable information, but was considering making /var/run
restricted as well? (probably a crazy idea, but I'm thinking about it) If it
doesn't mess up samba, I'll probably go for it.

I apologize for posting on the wrong list, I didn't realize there was also a
more general samba mailing list, where my question would have been more
appropriate; I wasn't aware of that list at the time of posting.

-Bob