Samba and LDAP, only 66 Groups supported ???

"Schmieder, Holger" schmieder at schmieder.de
Tue Mar 28 20:21:35 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I saw the following, verry strange, issue:

We are using samba 3.0.21c, OpenLDAP and smbldap-tools.
If a users uid is in more than 66 Groups (as memberUID), the user is unable to connect to samba.
The log says:
*** glibc detected *** double free corruption (!prev): 0x000000552af04ef0 ***

If i reduce the group-count to less than 67 everything works fine.

The problem was reproducable with different users.

Any ideas ? - Or is that an know issue ?

Thanks
Holger Schmieder
SCHMIEDER it-solutions GmbH