trying to correctly handle account passwords via ldap

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Mar 28 03:44:51 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 22:36 -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:

> I do not see why we should go through this mappings when we know the
> correct formats anyway, it seem just unnecessary complications.

Till someone does the crypto work, we don't know (as in prove, with
smbtorture tests) the correct formats.  Also, I don't see any point DES
'encrypting' and 'decrypting' the data for Samba's internal use, so we
have to map anyway.

That's why I favour having 'samba' attributes for these things, in the
best format for our use.