trying to correctly handle account passwords via ldap

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Mar 28 03:17:18 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 22:11 -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 12:47 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Sure, I'm not for password lock in, I just want to be compatible.

In LDAP, you only get what you ask for.  I think this gives us great
opportunities to provide administrators, without modification of
binaries or low-level commands, the ability to access information they
need.

We can (and probably should) mark these as operational attributes, but I
don't see any reason why we can't expose them.  Perhaps you understand
the compatibility problems better than I do.

I think we will have plenty of extra logic in the replication
implementation, that dealing with/mapping a few extra attributes won't
be too hard (particularly if we use different names).