What evaluates file perms when ACL's are involved?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Mon Mar 27 18:08:45 GMT 2006

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Nope.... You know I'm going to ask for the level 10 log :-) :-).

Was afraid of as much. Have that server (the one we oversee) running logs at level 10 constantly now, try to catch it.

Got me thinking through, with all of the excessive logging now, if it were a timing related issue that might well be enough to hide the problem for good. What do I do then, Ethereal constantly till it
happens?

> We do have a fix for renames updating the stored name in the share mode
> tdb in svn not in 21c. If you can get it reproduced I'd be interesed in
> you testing out the svn code (not on the customer site of course :-).

Yea well, you warn and we do what we haffa... Run updates through the usual testing, but since it is a production bug, then production is where it will end up after a bit of testing. <shrug> I am just
not real keen on putting Samba modules I compile into production environments. My binaries always come out a radically different size than Simo's in his deb's... so that is the part I am uneasy about.
Sad to have to admit this strugle still beats an M$ server hands down... what a world!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems