Samba cluster support codebase

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Fri Mar 24 03:41:30 GMT 2006

James Peach пишет:
>>> Mine works. However, there will be certain workloads where it
>>> won't perform as well as the standalone case.
>> Any performance statistics you could make available? For example,
>> for standalone case with your patch, two-node cluster, three-node?
>
> Sorry, I don't have any useful numbers. For my design, any workload
> that hits the locking TDB heavily will suffer. Although if a windows
> client holds an exclusive oplock it won't send locking requests over
> the wire, so at the time I didn't see this as a significant drawback.

Could you make a simple standalone (one node) with/without the patch
comparison?

In our experiments this is kind of 40-50% degrade of performance for
this approach, so emulating locking.tdb usage in a distributed way is
not going to bring significant benefits. There has to be better design.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Samba Team                      http://www.samba.org/