samba-technical Digest, Vol 39, Issue 26

Stéphane Purnelle stephane.purnelle at tiscali.be
Thu Mar 23 21:25:01 GMT 2006

samba-technical-request at lists.samba.org a écrit :
> Message: 1 Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:33:24 +0100 From: Jelmer
> Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> Subject: Announcing Samba 4.0.0TP2 To:
> samba-announce at samba.org, samba-technical at samba.org Message-ID:
> <20060322193324.GA1690 at rhonwyn.lan.vernstok.nl> Content-Type:
> text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> We have just uploaded the second technology preview of Samba 4.
>
> Samba 4 is the ambitious next version of the Samba suite that is
> being developed in parallel to the stable 3.0 series. The main
> emphasis in this branch is support for the Active Directory logon
> protocols used by Windows 2000 and above.
>
> Samba 4 is currently not yet in a state where it is usable in
> production environments. Note the STATUS file, which aims to
> document what should and should not work.
>
> With 3 years of development under our belt since Tridge first
> proposed a new Virtual File System (VFS) layer for Samba3 (a
> project which eventually lead to our Active Directory efforts), it
> was felt that we should create something we could 'show off' to our
> users.  This is the second Technology Preview (TP), aimed at
> allowing users, managers and developers to see how we have
> progressed, and to invite feedback and support.
>
> Please read the file NEWS for a list of differences with the Samba
> 3.0.0 release series and the file WHATSNEW.txt for a list of
> changes since the last technology preview.
>
> ================ Download Details ================
>
> The uncompressed tarball and patch files have been signed with the
> Samba Release Key (ID 157BC95E).  The source code can be downloaded
> from:
>
> http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/samba4/
>
> The release notes are available online at:
>
> http://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.0.0tp2.html
>
> There are currently no binary packages available. Debian packages
> will be uploaded to the experimental distribution later this week.
> No packages for other distributions have been planned yet.
>
> Users are encouraged to report the issues they encounter. See the
> README file for details.
>
> Enjoy, The Samba 4 developers.
Hi,
I have a problem when I try to provisioning and creating the smb.conf
file :

./setup/provision --realm=PUNET.BE --domain=MAISON --adminpass=xxxxxxxxxxx
Provisioning for MAISON in realm PUNET.BE
Using administrator password: xxxxxxxxxxx
Setting up smb.conf
smbscript: ejsEvalScript(): Assertion failure

Backtrace:
        [ 0]           setup_file:12   ->       assert(ok)
        [ 1]            provision:28   ->
setup_file("provision.smb.conf", paths.smbconf, subobj)
        [ 2]                     :119  -> provision(subobj, message,
blank, paths, system_session, creds)

- --
Stéphane Purnelle <stephane.purnelle at tiscali.be>
Site Web : http://www.linuxplusvalue.be