request to remove security=share

Wed Mar 15 07:11:28 GMT 2006

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 11:50:48AM -0600, Steven French wrote:
> types of installation and don't see any particular reason to get rid of it
> on the Samba server (of course "security = user" should be the default for
> the server, but it is so trivial to support seems not worth removing).

Just have to add a me too comment: This is _not_ trivial to
support anymore. Quite a bunch of code right now exists just
to support the guessing game in security=share. This used to
be shared with the valid users code, but that has been
replaced. That's why I said it would remove a bunch of
really messy code.

Any strong opinions against my share read/write user
parameter proposal? If not, then I'll take this as my plan
for the weekend or so :-)

Volker