request to remove security=share

Sun Mar 12 22:29:08 GMT 2006

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 01:04:35PM -0600, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
> What I'm adding is this:  If the "share write user" fails but the "share
> read user" succeeds, then you'd want to force actual user ID to be same as
> the user defined in the "share write user" field.  That way, there are no
> unexpected results caused by having two different actual user IDs
> accessing the share.

That's easily achieved by an additional 'force user' I
think.

I don't like the idea to put passwords into secrets.tdb, as
we have to do it per share, and we already have a perfect
infrastructure for storing and verifying passwords in place
for users.

I did not yet code that up, so I might revert my idea later,
but I think duplicating what we've done in passdb is just no
good idea.

Volker