request to remove security=share

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Sun Mar 12 19:04:35 GMT 2006

Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 11:50:19AM -0600, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
>
>>One thing I think you'll want to do is an implicit "force user" to force
>>the read-only user to "become" the read/write user once authentication is
>>complete.
>

> That's what I meant that the user would be treated as if
> coming from the session setup.

Um...  I think we're close here but I think I may be talking about something
different.

I think what you are talking about is this:  When the connection happens,
you'd first use the "share write user" as the username in the session
setup.  If that failed, then you'd use the "share read user" and try
authentication again.

What I'm adding is this:  If the "share write user" fails but the "share
read user" succeeds, then you'd want to force actual user ID to be same as
the user defined in the "share write user" field.  That way, there are no
unexpected results caused by having two different actual user IDs
accessing the share.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org