ldap filter gone and sambadomainnname not checked

Sun Mar 12 15:54:44 GMT 2006

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 10:52:12AM +0100, Pierre Filippone wrote:
> And its probably also true, that most users will not need these options.
> But if you think of larger enterprises that heavily use opensource
> applications and that already have a large directory, for those this would
> be really, really useful options. How about developer options with a
> comment like "Every support request caused by false usage of these options
> will cost you a pizza scampi delivered to each team member".

This just does not work, we have had this in the past far
too often.

> Of course one alternative is to move samba to its own tree, database or
> own direcory server and write some synchronisation scripts. But until
> today, we are quite happy with the integration of all applications in a
> central directory.

You might also try to play with the OpenLDAP meta backend.
This seems to do just what you want to do, my manpage
slapd-meta(5) talks about the possibility to rewrite
searches on their way from the client to the server.

Volker