Where do "net rpc rights grant" entries get stored?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Sat Mar 11 13:52:06 GMT 2006

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> account_policy.tdb

Thanks very much!

My Linux engineer and I went through our Samba setup standard last night on a clean box... the permission issue with not being able to "net rpc rights grant" as anyone but root is gone without a
trace... at least in 3.0.21c. Steps and scripts well documented, so I just hope it stays gone.

We were thinking to blow away the file holding rights on the previous install that was the worst prick ever about denying that command from being run... nooooo wasn't good enough that on a clean box
it works again, have to stay up an extra couple of hours trying to see why that server had been a pain.... yawn! ;-)

Didn't expect to hear from you till Monday, which he heads back home in a few hours, so now we can tinker a bit more.

Since we managed to get the initial setup stuff working well, I'll try to put some time towards the testing of "New Unix user and group domain" you requested.

As always, just thanks for being there for those of us trying to help others be successful with Samba. Samba is pretty rare among OSS/FS projects... "developers that help"... gee, what a concept! At
least by me and my team, it is VERY appreciated.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems