svn commit: samba r14079 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: cldap_server kdc ldap_server nbt_server smb_server smbd web_server winbind wrepl_server

simo idra at samba.org
Thu Mar 9 19:27:07 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 17:48 +0000, metze at samba.org wrote:
> Author: metze
> Date: 2006-03-09 17:48:41 +0000 (Thu, 09 Mar 2006)
> New Revision: 14079
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=14079
>
> Log:
> I just found the setproctitle library from alt linux:-)
>
> - add set_title hook to the process models
> - use setproctitle library in process_model standard if available
> - the the title for the task servers and on connections

This is a very not portable thing, and in my opinion also dangerous,
IIRC it plays with a portion of memory you are not supposed to touch on
Linux. If I remember it correctly some BSD has a reliable system call to
do that, but in any case I do not see any advantage in being not
consistent across platforms.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce