Supporting SACLs using EAs and a VFS module?

Thu Mar 9 17:05:19 GMT 2006

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 11:56:02AM -0500, simo wrote:
> One thing we may want to do is to store this information in way
> compatible to that of samba4, so that we can have a decente upgrade path
> in future.

I'm not 100% convinced that putting everything into one blob
is good. For speed reasons this is probably the right thing,
but not for variability. For my taste this is too much of an
all-or-nothing thing. For example there are systems out
there now that do have a create time stamp. If we
unconditionally put that into that NTFS Inode blob EA I
could imagine turning individual features on and off becomes
more difficult.

Volker