svn commit: samba r13989 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/rpc_parse: .

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Mar 8 18:09:47 GMT 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 07:04:20PM +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> If there's anything I can do to get more of Samba 3 to use IDL for the
> RPC code, please let me know. I'd be happy to work on converting some
> more of the pipes, if there's somebody who's familiar with the current
> code to comment on my code and help test it. I really think it's
> important to share code between the 3 and 4 branches.
>
> It's not like I have any moral objections against working on Samba 3... ;-)

Not suggesting you have, and I also really appreciate the IDL work.
What needs to be done (IMHO) is :

a). Generate the stub code (that's the easy part).
b). Merge the stub code onto the existing backends.
That's the ugly and hard part. You already showed us
how to do it for the msdfs pipe - it just needs time
and effort to do it for the other pipes. My personal
favourite to do next is the svrsvc pipe - it's a matter
of time and resources, everyone is a little crazy
right now with all the coverity fixes :-).

Jeremy.