patch: Solaris lacks test -e

Bjoern JACKE samba at j3e.de
Fri Mar 3 17:33:52 GMT 2006

On 2006-03-03 at 12:22 -0500 David Collier-Brown sent off:
>   Solaris /bin/test does know about -e, as do bash, ksh, etc
>just not sh.

then we would need a configure test for Solaris to examine what shell
or what test binary to use, as one special shell like ksh or bash
cannot be found on any system? -f works fine at all the places where -e
was used. But in fact I was quite surprised that /bin/sh on Solaris
doesn't implement test -e, I thought this would be a very basic thing.

Bjoern