svn commit: samba r13788 - in trunk/source/passdb: .

simo idra at samba.org
Thu Mar 2 18:46:01 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 19:43 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 04:37:35PM +0000, idra at samba.org wrote:
> > Fis ldapsam_enum_group_memberships wrt the guest user
> > Also make an exception for root
>
> Why did you do this? The documentation for ldapsam:trusted
> clearly says that you need all users in LDAP. This is not
> the default case, so the admin should be aware that the LDAP
> needs to be set up a bit more carefully than with a standard
> setting.
>
> To be honest, I don't see what you want to achieve with
> this.

Does this include the guest account and root accounts ?

smbd won't even start on an empty tree (eg. without the guest account).

I also tought that allowind the posixAccount for root to not be on ldap
would have been a decent exception, but I may be wrong on that.

simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer