Can I use samba to statically link with my embedded application?

Wed Jun 28 09:03:18 GMT 2006

Hi!

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 02:10:30PM +0530, Vishnubhatla, Vijaya Bhaskar wrote:
> Thanks for your response!
> One more question, What do u mean by publishing the code?
> Is it the modified samba code alone? Or
> Is it the whole embedded application?

If you link Samba together with your application into one
binary, you have to publish your complete app. Everything
that is necessary to create this binary.

But for more detailed questions, please consult a lawyer
who is familiar with the GPL, I'm an engineer and can't give
legal advice :-)

Volker