FW: Samba 3.0.23rc3 Available for Download

Edgar, Bob Bob.Edgar at commerzbank.com
Tue Jun 27 13:17:03 GMT 2006

My apologies, I didn't hit the reply all button :@((

-----Original Message-----
From: Edgar, Bob
Sent: Dienstag, 27. Juni 2006 14:01
To: 'Gerald (Jerry) Carter'
Subject: RE: Samba 3.0.23rc3 Available for Download

configure:4165: checking if the linker (ld) is GNU ld
configure:4177: result: no

I've not had good experience on Sun/sparc using the GNU
as/ld tools and I believe the gcc recommendation is to
use the native Sun tools. Using 2.16 I still had problems
getting gcc 4.0.1 to properly build itself and thus stuck with
the /usr/ccs/bin tools.

"All releases of GNU binutils prior to 2.11.2 have known bugs on this
platform.  We recommend the use of GNU binutils 2.11.2 or later, or
the vendor tools (Sun as, Sun ld).  Note that your mileage may vary
if you use a combination of the GNU tools and the Sun tools: while
the combination GNU as + Sun ld should reasonably work, the reverse
combination Sun as + GNU ld is known to cause memory corruption at
runtime in some cases for C++ programs."