Samba 3.0.23rc3 Available for Download

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Mon Jun 26 18:04:38 GMT 2006

   I see this a lot when doing porting work: someone has a
version of a .h file that is used to override or replace a
similarly named file in /usr/include.

   It mysteriously doesn't work, until the author looks
at the source and notices he's said #include <foo.h>
instead of #include "foo.h".

In samba, config sets the define thusly:
/* Define to 1 if you have the <gssapi/gssapi.h> header file. */
#define HAVE_GSSAPI_GSSAPI_H 1

and its put into the includes file thusly:
   File         Line
4 includes.h   479 #include <gssapi.h>
5 includes.h   481 #include <gssapi/gssapi.h>

   What you arguably need is a test to set HEIMDAL_HAVE_GSSAPI_GSSAPI_H
that overrides the system HAVE_GSSAPI_GSSAPI_H, and code to
- put #include "gssapi.h" into includes.h and
- put -I/path/to/heimdal into the compile options
when HEIMDAL_HAVE_GSSAPI_GSSAPI_H is true.

   It's a small bug, but one that's really hard to notice!  Sort
of a fruit-fly (;-))

--dave

(416) 223-5943