Winbindd change password request

Sun Jun 25 17:19:13 GMT 2006

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 12:37:49PM +0200, Alexey Kobozev wrote:
> Thanks for explanation. Here is the new patch working through
> sendto_domain(). The name of ntlm helper protocol is renamed
> as well.

Ok, looks better. Two questions:

How can I test this code? This might be a dumb question, but
is there a way to generate the blobs?

Does the crap pwchange really depend on the workstation
password? I'm asking because you have a retry on
ACCESS_DENIED in your patch, around line 244ff that seems to
come from the SamLogon calls. There we have the credentials
chain stuff that might possibly interfere here (although I
don't really believe even that), but samr is definitely not
covered by the credentials chain. Does the piece of the
patch starting with line 244 of the patch really apply here?

Volker