Wine SoC: Using GENSEC in wine works.

Kai Blin k.blin at gmx.net
Sun Jun 25 08:42:54 GMT 2006

Hi folks,

I thought you might be interested in this, too.

I've just commited patches to my git branch allowing Wine to do NTLM
message encryption/decryption using GENSEC, so now the full
"authenticate->encrypt->decrypt" cycle works. There's some bugs stopping
me from getting the server side of things to work, but I have a patch to
switch this on as soon as we nailed what is going wrong there.

In order to get the whole thing accepted into the main branch, I would
now need a LGPL version of GENSEC. As discussed on SambaXP, I'm happy to
help with this.

What would be the best place to get me started on Samba4 code? Andrew
Bartlett suggested to split the GENSEC module into a GENSEC-samba module
that contains hooks for Samba-side debugging and a general GENSEC module
that would be the spinoff library. Unfortunately I don't really know
what I need to do for that. Any pointers?

Oh, what would be the preferred way for me to submit my patches? To this
list?

Cheers,
Kai
--
Kai Blin, private email
  I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.