Samba management

Thu Jun 22 08:06:20 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 02:20:37AM -0400, Dave Fenwick wrote:
> With the library in place, bindings for Perl, Python, PHP, etc. would be
> easily achievable.  The API would probably end up looking a LOT like the
> Win32 API because, well, that's what we do.  In fact, some 10 years ago,

I think this is a good point. The pipes that Windows does by
default are so rich, we only have to implement them more
fully. For the things that are not doable using what Windows
provides we could go via the registry or via some custom
pipe. This needs to be decided on a case-by-case basis, and
the smb.conf from my point of view fits quite well into the
registry model.

Volker