Winbindd change password request

Wed Jun 21 18:19:04 GMT 2006

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 06:12:01PM +0200, Alexey Kobozev wrote:
> >Ok, next question: Why not handle this in the appropriate
> >winbind child?
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
> Could you please be more specific?

Since 3.0.20 winbind is split into several processes, one
per domain. One process forks the children and sends the
requests that should go to that domain via sendto_domain()
and friends in an async manner, so that requests to other
children can be handled while one domain controller might be
slow, down or otherwise not responding fast. This is not
100% done yet, but the main code paths are async. Look for
example at winbind_pam_auth. I'd not like to add additional
calls to winbind that do not follow the same pattern.

Volker