Bug fix needs verification by guru

derrell at samba.org derrell at samba.org
Mon Jun 19 13:36:43 GMT 2006

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org> writes:

> derrell at samba.org wrote:
>
>> Jeremy, this patch apparently fixes bug 3814.  It
>> has much more wide-ranging implications, though, so
>> I'd appreciate you looking at it to ensure it
>> shouldn't break anything.  Let me know if it
>> looks proper, and I'll check it in.
>
> Derrell,
>
> Since the wrtsl54gs is running Samba 3.0.2 have you
> tested against that to try to reproduce the same behavior?
> I'd classify this as a server bug.  The patch shouldn't hurt,
> but it should be necessary either :-)

I agree it shouldn't be necessary and that it's a server bug, but are we going
to go back and patch Samba 3.0.2? :-) I think our new stuff should
interoperate with our old stuff if possible, and it looks to me like we really
shouldn't be setting that flag in this case anyway.

No, I haven't tested against Samba 3.0.2 but the OP did.  I just wanted to
ensure that this wouldn't break anything else.

> I'll give it a +1.

Thanks.  I'll wait and see if Jeremy has anything to say, and then check it
in.

Cheers,

Derrell