nss wrapper

Thu Jun 15 18:59:37 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:24:16PM -0600, Jim McDonough wrote:
> Here's a stab an an nss wrapper to allow operations such as joins on the
> build farm without creating new posix users.  It looks in the
> NSS_WRAPPER_DIR env var directory for files of the format "username:uid",
> and fakes pwd entries.  Currently it doesn't deal with groups, nor does it
> add users, so you just have to set everything up beforehand.
>
> Thoughts?

First, is that really you who wrote code? ;-))

Second, if you want to build a real infrastructure around
the BUILD_FARM_HACK I added why not give Jerry the late
triumph that the winbind local users/groups were the right
thing in the end? I'm really not sure about this, but as
winbind is doing something in that direction anyway, we
could implement a short-cut in smbd to circumvent nss and go
directly to winbind which then could do the whole nss thing
for us.

Then third, how would you represent groups in your
directory? Or store the whole passwd info like primary
group? A TDB to me would look a lot more logical.

Volker