check for CLOCK_MONOTONIC

James Peach jpeach at samba.org
Fri Jun 9 00:11:50 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 09:07 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 04:28:32PM +1000, James Peach wrote:
> > Hmmm .... --with-aio-support will also cause librt (and therefore
> > possibly libpthread) to be linked. So presumably this will also trigger
> > the RT_SIGNAL_NOTIFY problem.
>
> This starts to get messy....

Yes, it's just getting more horrible.

> What do you think about an option --accept-libpthread that
> defaults to yes for "easy" functionality and can be
> deliberately set to no for problematic platforms?

Ok, I'll need to add an AC_TRY_RUN test for the RT_SIGNAL_NOTIFY
behaviour.

> This would
> then spit out a warning and refuse to continue at the end of
> configure, naming --enable-profiling-data and --with-aio as
> possible candidates.

So, the proposal is
	if (libpthread is linked)
		if (we have the RT_SIGNAL_NOTIFY bug)
			AC_ERROR with blame message
		else
			allow, but warn

I wonder whether allowing libpthread will expose us to more bugs though?

James Peach | jpeach at samba.org