Storing pipe opens in the share_mode db ?

Thu Jun 8 19:51:02 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 12:09:32PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Is it worth trying both with a large netbench/Samba4 torture run and
> seeing if we can detect a problem ?

Sure....

But I see only one real contention problem: When tons of
locks exist on the locking.tdb we might run into the
O(#oflocks) complexity on fcntl in the Kernel. Everything
else should in theory be relievable the hash chain length.
The kernel inefficiency is what I wanted to easy by having
multiple locking.tdb files, thus trading file descriptors
for locks per file.

But before measuring it this is all hand-waving.

Volker