[patch] fid leaks, deadlocks, and decoding problems in kernel smbfs code

Ben Winslow rain at bluecherry.net
Thu Jun 8 18:38:13 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 11:19 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 01:25:47PM -0400, Ben Winslow wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > In stress-testing/benchmarking some software over a smbfs mount, Iran
> > into a handful of problems with the smbfs code in the kernel. This list
> > seems like the most appropriate place to send patches, so attached is
> > the result of entirely too much debugging. All of the patches are
> > against 2.6.16.20, and have been fairly aggressively tested against a
> > server running Samba 3.0.22.
>
> This is not the correct place to send patches I'm afraid. We do
> not maintain the kernel smbfs code. I'd try the Linux kernel
> mailing list.

I was afraid that might be the case -- I saw some discussion on samba@
about the kernel smbfs stuff (I guess some of the kernel folk read that
list), and thought samba-technical more appropriate, but anyway...

I guess I'll resend my patch to lkml and have it summarily ignored.  :)

> Jeremy.

Thanks,
--
Ben Winslow <rain at bluecherry.net>