Storing pipe opens in the share_mode db ?

Wed Jun 7 21:42:59 GMT 2006

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 03:42:26PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> But I need to fake up a dev & inode pair.  Any warnings
> or suggestions about this?  Do either of you think this is
> a horrible idea?

No, that does not sound weird at all. If we really need that
information for completeness, I think the opendb is the
place to store it. It might put even more load on it which
might hit us in the cluster case (yet to be defined...) but
for the pure local tdb case it sounds ok. As long as we
don't get share mode conflicts here :-)

Device/Inode? Good question. Is 0xfffffff a valid device
number? Inodes are simple: Entry# in the samba3 pipe table.

Volker