check for CLOCK_MONOTONIC

Björn JACKE samba at j3e.de
Wed Jun 7 11:01:27 GMT 2006

Hi,

On 2006-06-07 at 12:48 +1000 James Peach sent off:
>I rejiggered your patch a bit, can you please re-test before I commit?

The checks for available clocks are not being done and even HAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME is undef'ed:

checking for clock_gettime... no
checking for clock_gettime in -lrt... yes
checking if libpthread is linked... yes
checking for va_copy... yes

but config.h says:

/* Whether clock_gettime is available */
/* #undef HAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME */

you might try to turn around the parameters of your SMB_IS_LIBPTHREAD_LINKED check in configure.in. Like this it works for me:

                SMB_IS_LIBPTHREAD_LINKED(
                        [
                            AC_DEFINE(HAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME, 1,
                                [Whether clock_gettime is available])
                            SMB_CHECK_CLOCK_ID(CLOCK_MONOTONIC)
                            SMB_CHECK_CLOCK_ID(CLOCK_PROCESS_CPUTIME_ID)
                            SMB_CHECK_CLOCK_ID(CLOCK_REALTIME)
                        ],
                        [ SMB_REMOVELIB(rt) ],
                        )