svn commit: samba r16027 - in branches/tmp: .

simo idra at samba.org
Sat Jun 3 15:48:41 GMT 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 10:02 -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> vlendec at samba.org wrote:
> > Author: vlendec
> > Date: 2006-06-03 10:27:09 +0000 (Sat, 03 Jun 2006)
> > New Revision: 16027
> >
> > WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=16027
> >
> > Log:
> > Yet another temp branch. This one will be for cluster-wide messaging
> > experiments.
>
> Volker,
>
> You might want to look at bzr for tmp branches.
> Just 'bzr branch http://www.samba.org/~jerry/bzr/SAMBA_3_0.bzr'
> and then you can just 'bzr merge' upstream changes to your
> branch without having to manually apply.

Jerry,
I have to say that this method is awesome, I am keeping a 3.0 bzr branch
for me now, and it works really well, the ability to automatically merge
the main tree in your test branch at any moment is fantastic.

Do you know by chance if it is possible to use the same tree with svn
and bzr at the same time?

I would like to use bzr on my samba3 checkout so that I can commit local
steps and when I am done just commit all changes up to our main svn
branch, do you know if that is possible or is there any conflict if I
use both bazar and svn on the same directory structure?

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer