svn commit: samba r17183 - in branches: SAMBA_3_0/source/rpc_server SAMBA_3_0_23/source/rpc_server

Sun Jul 23 14:06:13 GMT 2006

On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 06:18:59AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> I don't think the behavior is random (sort of) but I also
> think the original bug is different that what I fixed.
> Looking back at the lookupsid.pcap trace I sent you,
> I noticed that we set the index to the unknown SID to be -1.
> This is what caused the Win32 API call to fail.  If the
> index is -1, the string has to be the full SID.  If the Sid
> is within on the trusted SID list, we can just send
> back the rid but we have to set the correct index.

Okay, got you. But the exact rules where to put valid index
and rid in hex versus index=-1 and sid as string are really
obscure. Or do you understand when to choose which?

> So setting the sid string is the safest since we don't
> have to worry about the looking up up the right index.
>
> Fair enough?

Sure :-)

Volker