svn commit: samba r17026 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/libnet: .

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Jul 15 22:52:59 GMT 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 20:11 +0200, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 03:52:27PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > >
> > > You mean it can be opened, but it does not implement all of the calls ?
> >
> > Correct.  You can't get a policy handle on TCP, but you can do one
> > lookupnames call.  You get an error NT_STATUS_RPC_PROTSEQ_NOT_SUPPORTED.
>
> On the other hand, is it good solution to attempt to connect on ncacn_ip_tcp
> transport if named pipe fails ? This way we get possibly connected but useless
> anyway.

Clearly, the caller should specify the transport, with the default being
NP.  It isn't suitable for the libnet layer to guess this, unless it
wants to lookup an extra attribute in the IDL (like we lookup for
default ports).

> > > ok, I'll change that. On the other hand - how do we know when ncacn_ip_tcp
> > > can be used ?
> >
> > It must be used for DRSUAPI, and some o
>
> some of ... ? You pressed Send button too quickly :)

DRSUAPI is only available on ip_tcp, and other user-defined pipes might
be similarly.