branch proposal

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jul 13 22:56:06 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 13:00 -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Jeremy Allison wrote:

> >> ok.  So trunk becomes Jeremy's private tmp branch :-)
> >> And the rest of us can stop the double commits?
> >> Is that your final answer ?  You will no longer be able
> >> to cut over work from trunk to SAMBA_3_0 but will have
> >> to merge it instead.
> >
> > No, I just deleted the directory I had trunk in.... :-)
>
> LOL!  Simple is the best answer I guess :-)  Clever.

So why isn't trunk the development branch, and SAMBA_3_0 the holding
place for the current release?  I'm lost...

Plus, we just lost the build farm benifit, until someone does the work
to tell all the machines to build something else, plus updates the
build.samba.org GUI, and unpacked etc...

Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.                   http://redhat.com