[SAMBA4] Requirements for TP3?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jul 13 06:31:24 GMT 2006

What do we think should be the requirements to push out a Samba4 TP3?

The code is fairly stable at this point, except for the work I'm doing
on partitions and the LDAP backend, and metze's SMB2 work.

As such, I would like to try and pin down what people would be
comfortable with setting as goals for TP3, or deciding that we need to
actually follow-though and release the snapshots, as proposed at
SambaXP.

I think it is important to get something out there, as external
developers do look at Samba4, and they tend to grab the lasted tarball
well before they realise that SVN is 'the one true way'.

I hope to have an OpenLDAP and Fedora DS backend demonstrated in the
next couple of weeks.

Metze:  how well does the SMB2 server work?  You wanted to wait until
you had some easy to demonstrate progress on that.

Samba Developer, RedHat Inc.                   http://redhat.com