How do people do Apache Active-Dir authentication?

Deryck Hodge deryck at samba.org
Sun Jul 9 01:16:49 GMT 2006

Hi, Jason.

On 7/8/06, Jason Haar <Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz> wrote:
> No - I am looking for a generic solution to put in front of
> Apache-housed webapps. A variety of third-party apps. As such, I don't
> intend anyone to have to rewrite them to make it work.

I do Active Directory auth via Apache with mod_ntlm_winbind.  I have
this working fine in production for a private staff directory with
Apache 1.3.  I also have a couple third-party web apps behind this.  I
use the following config:

<Directory "/home/httpd/html/staff">
        AuthName "NTLM Auth"
        NTLMAuth on
        NTLMAuthHelper "/usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
--require-membership-of=\"MYDOMAIN\STAFFGROUP\""
        NTLMBasicAuthoritative on
        AuthType NTLM
        require  valid-user
</Directory>

I haven't tried the updated mod_ntlm_winbind with Apache2.  I have to
upgrade Monday, so I'll let you know how it goes. :-)

Cheers,
deryck

--
Deryck Hodge                    http://www.devurandom.org/