How do people do Apache Active-Dir authentication?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Sat Jul 8 05:01:26 GMT 2006

Ed Plese wrote:
> Check the permissions on /var/lib/samba/winbindd_privileged too.  I had
> to alter these (but left the permissions on 'pipe' as is) in order to get
> mod_ntlm_winbind to work.  By default the apache user doesn't have any
> rights to this directory to even see the 'pipe' file.

You are correct - that was wrong. However, mod_ntlm_winbind doesn't
support Active Directory groups at all - which was my primary aim. So
I'm still looking...

I guess my Subject line should have been "How do people do Apache
Active-Dir authorization"

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417