svn commit: samba r16827 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: dsdb/samdb dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules rpc_server/lsa rpc_server/samr torture/rpc

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jul 6 12:56:32 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 08:14 -0400, simo wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 05:23 +0000, abartlet at samba.org wrote:
> > Author: abartlet
> > Date: 2006-07-06 05:23:29 +0000 (Thu, 06 Jul 2006)
> > New Revision: 16827
> >
> > WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=16827
> >
> > Log:
> > Factor out some code into common samdb functions:
> >  - creation of ForeignSecurityPrincipals
> >  - template duplication code
> >
> > Rework much of the LSA server to pass the RPC-LSA test.  Much of the
> > server code was untested.  In implementing the LSA Accounts feature, I
> > have opted to have it only create entires when privilages are applied,
> > and not to delete entries, but to delete the privilages.
> >
> > We skip some parts of the test, but it is much better than not testing
> > it at all.
>
> Andrew,
> this way it will be impossible for me to transform samldb into a fully
> async module. I urge you to reconsider this patch toward that goal.

Maybe, but it is not async now, and is no less async as a result of this
change.  Meanwhile, having two copies of this function created bugs in
the local LSA secrets code, because changes were not replicated between
the two functions.  I only uncovered these bugs because I started trying
to make us pass the RPC-LSA test.