consolidated view of all error logs in the build farm?

Vance Lankhaar vance at samba.org
Wed Jul 5 04:49:36 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 10:02 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Hi, Vance!
>
> Metze redirected me to you :-)
>
> Now that we've got the warning level down to a reasonable
> size, it would be quite helpful to get a single page with
> all error output from all platforms.
>
> Would that be possible?
>
> Volker

Hi Volker,

I should think that'd be entirely possible. As always, I'm definitely
open to patches. Otherwise, you're stuck waiting for me to get the
motivation to write such a feature. (As a side note: the best way to
'give' me motivation is to ping me weekly, until I do something about
it :-))

I'll try to whip something up this weekend, if I remember (or am
reminded) on Friday.

I'd love more input on what you'd like from this page. My initial idea
is something like:

| (+) Solaris 9 Sparc (sun9) OK/OK/OK/36                       |
| (-) Solaris 10 Sparc (sunX) OK/OK/ 2/?                       |
| cc: Warning: illegal option -xc                              |
| cc: Warning: illegal option -xc                              |
| cc: Warning: illegal option -xc                              |
| "./librpc/idl/dcom.idl", line 259: invalid input token: 6F45 |
| "./librpc/idl/dcom.idl", line 259: invalid input token: 466C |
| "./librpc/idl/dcom.idl", line 259: invalid input token: 9EED |

(Obviously, I'd use the same form of collapsible text areas that are
used on the other build-farm pages - that's kind of hard to represent in
ASCII though.)

Good? Bad? Indifferent?

--
Cheers,