SoC: Admin Log Project Status

Michael Krax mk-samba at krax.net
Tue Jul 4 09:37:11 GMT 2006

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 03:44:10PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

Jerry,

Thanks for the review.

>   Compiling lib/admin_log.c
>   lib/admin_log.c: In function ?admin_log_event_type?:
>   lib/admin_log.c:405: warning: control reaches end of non-void function

Fixed.

> Would you mind writing up a short HOWTO ?  I had to dig in the
> source for the "admin log levels".  This would probably help get
> some more testing and feedback for you as well.

Attached, at least a first draft. Sorry for the missing documentation
on admin log levels, I was already to deep into the source so I did not
see the need for that ...

> Once the code is merged in to the main SAMBA_3_0 tree, we
> need to add the smb.conf man page entries as well.
> The docs repo is at svn://svnanon.samba.org/samba-docs/trunk/.

Do I have to create a xml-file for every option in
smbdotconf/logging/?
I would start by copying smbdotconf/logging/loglevel.xml (or so).
If I do get smbdotconf/README right, there is no script to
generate these files automatically.

Thanks.

Ciao, Michael

--
Michael Krax
Phone +49(0)30.76765923  Mobile +49(0)163.7325923