undo msdfs defaults ?

Bjoern JACKE samba at j3e.de
Mon Jul 3 21:26:57 GMT 2006

On 2006-07-03 at 09:52 -0700 Jeremy Allison sent off:
>I agree. It is too late to change this for 3.0.23.
>
>(I also agree Jerry will accept the blame :-) :-) :-) :-)
>
>Seriously, this is too big a change to make at this
>late stage. Many people have been testing this and
>issues with DFS have not come up.

well, #3909 is just one thing which came up because I started playing with it
... and I don't want to know which bugs we still miss (including bugs some
Windows versions might have... or even other non-MS smb implementations).

I can't stop saying that this is not a good idea, not matter if I can blame
Jerry or not ;-)

Bjoern