Fedora Core 5 Problem

Dave Fenwick djf at samba.org
Mon Jul 3 21:17:04 GMT 2006

There are only 4 samba packages for Fedora Core.  They are:

samba
samba-client
samba-common
samba-swat

The samba package includes everything required to create a server.
samba-common includes some configuration samples, some charset
information, man pages for various utilities, and the smbclient
libraries.  samba-client includes client utilities (smbclient,
smbmount, etc.) for using an FC5 box as an smb client on the network.
samba-swat includes the swat administrative package.

In order to provide a samba server, you only absolutely NEED the samba
package.  However, it's probably worthwhile to install all 4 packages,
mostly for getting started purposes.