does ldapsam:trusted=yes really work?

Mon Jan 30 12:37:36 GMT 2006

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 01:30:32PM +0100, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> This means all really small, embedded systems running Samba.

Okay, that's a valid thing. For the _really_ small ones looking at Samba4 might
also be desirable. Samba4 is far from finished, but it has architectural
provisions to make embedded devices easier.

> Generally, what needs to be done to make this work (users in LDAP
> without NSS)?
> Perhaps there could be an "ugly" hack (comment out checking for a user
> via NSS etc.), or is it more complicated?

I'd assume it's a bit more complicated, as we need a unix id for permission
checking. I need to take a closer look, but this might take a while.

Volker