svn commit: samba r13166 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/lib/ldb: . include

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Mon Jan 30 07:34:09 GMT 2006

On Monday 30 January 2006 18:08 pm, James Peach wrote:
> [...]
Sorry about that. I hadn't realised that autoconf support was so patchy. I
think AS_HELP_STRING started in one of the 2.57 post releases (2.57a,
perhaps, from the changelogs).

> > > Sure, I'm no expert here, so feel free to revert or modify this area as
> > > suites better to achieve compatibility with IRIX too.
> >
> > Can you use AC_HELP_STRING intead of AS_HELP_STRING?
This was my first thought...
> Yes, but AC_HELP_STRING is deprecated. I believe this will result in
> autoconf emitting warning messages. Is this acceptable?
...but there might be a better way. Perhaps we could check if AS_HELP_STRING
is defined, and if not, define it to be AC_HELP_STRING?

My m4 is terrible, but I found a similar construct on the web:
m4_ifdef([AS_HELP_STRING], , [m4_define([AS_HELP_STRING],
m4_defn([AC_HELP_STRING]))])

Does that help at all?

Brad