File server not working with samba

Gaetano Vocca gvocgvoc at yahoo.it
Sat Jan 28 18:20:16 GMT 2006

Dear all,
this is my first post on this list. I would like to say hello to everybody and
thank you in advance for your help.

Here comes the problem description.
I have a Siemens sx541 access point with the feature of file server. It means
I can plug a usb storage and I can publish one of the directories of this
storage by means of the access point itself. The sx541 appears in the network
like a Windows machine sharing a folder.
The bad is that this folder is not usable with Linux+Samba. I am able to mount
the share without problems but I can browse it only using the "oldattr"
options when mounting it. Even with "oldattr", when I try to access any of
the files on the share I get a "No such file or directory" error.
I have captured and attached the ethereal traces both under Linux and under
Windows.
The sequence is: mount the share, list the content on the root, try to copy a
little file, unmount it.
Everything works with Win but not with Linux.

Is there anybody who can suggest me a way to have everything working?

Thank you in advance
Gaetano

PS: I apologize for the attached traces, but I think they could be useful