What for the next Samba4 TP

Deryck Hodge deryck at samba.org
Wed Jan 25 16:10:03 GMT 2006

On 1/25/06, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> Now we have the first Samba4 TP out there, and the press is slowly
> picking up on what it really means, it is worth spending some time to
> figure out what we should put in the next one.
>
> For a date, I want to aim for 20 Feb.

[snip]

>  - User manager in SWAT (tridge/deryck?)

I'm steadily working away on my tmp branch of SWAT, and I'm having to
steal away time for this.  I'm hesitant to commit to any timeline.
But, obviously, that only concerns the work I'm doing.

For now, I'm working on the SWAT layout and architecture.  I've got a
basic page layout in place.  See images at
http://samba.org/~deryck/swat/.  Any text on the "home" page is just
place holder text.  Nothing has been hooked into Samba4 yet, except
for the pass through preauth.js, which all works like the SAMBA_4_0
branch.  Once authenticated you get the home page at the link above.

I know that Tim was interested in working on a user manager interface
and something else in SWAT2.  I think he was going to work on this
while I worked on page layout and hooking into the ejs with
client-side js.

This is just a heads-up on what I'm aiming for.  I don't see myself
backing up anymore from here.  It may be slow going for me, but I'm
clearly moving forward now.

Cheers,
deryck

Also, suggestions are welcome on the look and feel I'm taking with
SWAT.  The above links are just my take on what might work nicely.

--
Deryck Hodge
http://www.devurandom.org/

"Aimless days, uncool ways of decathecting" --Mike Doughty (2005)